Are you a new professional or graduate student in higher education? If so, check out this new JP Course provided by JPHigherEd! Below you will find the format of the course, learning objectives, and the start date! If interested, please fill out the registration form below (name and email is all you need)!
JP Courses are free, online courses that challenge professionals to grow, learn, and thrive as educators. If you are looking for a space that is going to challenge you to grow then look no more! This course is free and is open to any higher education professional! Register for your seat before the course fills up!
Check out the New #JPCourse:
The mission of the JP Course, “Five-Week Career Development Plan for New Professionals” is to provide a space for graduate students and new professionals to map out a path to career success.
Success will be defined by each participant in this course. All participants will be asked to reflect upon their identities and how they impact/influence their journey. JPHigherEd will provide the tools, space, and forum for this work to be done.
The format of this JP Course includes the following:
- Five weeks of content sent directly to your inbox
- Content will be provided in the following formats: videos created by JPHigherEd, blog posts created by JPHigherEd, and guides created by JPHigherEd
- Every week there will be a self-reflection piece that will ask you to reflect using various prompts
- We will connect you to professionals who are in your functional area/niche
- Mentorships will be formed and developed
By the end of this JP Course, participants will be able to…
- Identify at least three professional strengths
- Identify at least three areas of refinement needed as a professional
- Map out multiple avenues of success paths to achieve their future goals
- Identify at least one mentor
All registered participants will receive an email on the start date: January 4, 2017
This is a self-driven course. This means that you are free to spend as much or as little time as you’d like. If you fully participate, it is estimated that it will take between 1-4 hours of your time each week.
It is important to note that some weeks may take one hour while others may require four hours (for folx looking to fully participate). The reasoning for this is due to certain activities requiring outreach to other higher education professionals.
Solidify your Seat in this #JPCourse
(fill out the form below to register)